PDA

View Full Version : Law and Order - gone?

NJBarb
07-08-2010, 12:35 PM
I heard that the Law and Order SVU show which filmed all their interiors in studios in North Jersey (i didnt know that - i thought it was all filmed in NYC) is thinking of pulling out of NJ because they cant negotiate a favorable tax rebate deal with the state film and TV commission. Not sure how i feel about this or if we should give rebates but i hate to see us lose business to NY or PA.

JerseyDevil
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I heard that the Law and Order SVU show which filmed all their interiors in studios in North Jersey (i didnt know that - i thought it was all filmed in NYC) is thinking of pulling out of NJ because they cant negotiate a favorable tax rebate deal with the state film and TV commission. Not sure how i feel about this or if we should give rebates but i hate to see us lose business to NY or PA.

I'm not sure about this - but it could just be a scare tactic. My personal feeling is that it would be stupid for them to pull out over this. It is a ONE YEAR suspension of the tax credit - it is supposed to go back into affect next budget cycle. I think if they pulled out because of a one year suspension, they would end up paying more for the move, not to mention paying more long term in taxes in the other state.

NJBarb
07-09-2010, 07:46 AM
If the studios that they used were in the middle or south of NJ it might cost them to move but i think they are about 20 minutes outside of NYC and there are according to the article some new big studio spaces in Brooklyn and Queens. And if they could save dough with a 20 minute move i think they might do it.