PDA

View Full Version : Question 1 Open space

njriverman
11-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Please help our farmers, tree farmers and land owners. Vote YES on question 1.
On Tuesday, November 3, you have a chance to make a difference in the future of property owners rights and conservation for our state.

Vote YES on Public Question # 1: The Green Acres Clean Water Act.

Public Question # 1: The Green Acres Clean Water Act is a $400 million bond which, if approved by NJ voters would be used to continue funding the New Jersey Green Acres, Farmland and Historic Preservation program.

Since 1961, this nationally-recognized program has preserved over 390,000 acres of land to protect drinking water, wildlife habitat, create public parks and protect working family farms.

This ballot measure is about ensuring the health and quality of life of everyone in New Jersey — now and for future generations.

Please help our farmers, tree farmers and land owners. Vote YES on question 1.

Vote YES on Public Question #1: The Green Acres Clean Water Act and urge your family and friends to do the same!

click here to learn how New Jersey’s voters have a long history of approving similar conservation funding measures

http://www.nature.org/wherewework/northamerica/states/newjersey/news/news3288.html

NJPRIDE
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
This state has ENOUGH debt! I and my wife will be voting NO on question 1!

NJ Voter
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
I like the fact that you would like to see the state preserve its open space, but I wish you would post some information on the details of this public question. I can't seem to find any details on how the money is going to be spent, or anything on how it will be paid back? I like the idea and would support it if I could find out more about the details and the repayment scheme. Otherwise 5 sentences is not going to be enough information for me to give the state a check for $400 million. We need to be determining how we pay for things before we do them, we can't just keep doing things because they are important without being able to pay for them.

njriverman
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
I like the fact that you would like to see the state preserve its open space, but I wish you would post some information on the details of this public question. I can't seem to find any details on how the money is going to be spent, or anything on how it will be paid back? I like the idea and would support it if I could find out more about the details and the repayment scheme. Otherwise 5 sentences is not going to be enough information for me to give the state a check for $400 million. We need to be determining how we pay for things before we do them, we can't just keep doing things because they are important without being able to pay for them.

The referendum and results are at:

http://www.pennjersey.info/forums/new-jersey-statewide-issues/10400-preliminary-ballot-question-1-open-space-results.html

It passed. :)

Abablemerge
02-06-2010, 03:41 PM
I think I would ask him,....."So, Mr. President,...Hows this change working out for you?"

02-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I think I would ask him,....."So, Mr. President,...Hows this change working out for you?"

What does the President have to do with this?