PDA

View Full Version : Advice for an Airman

Malleus
07-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi folks, I realize a lot of these questions come up but I am hoping to gain some advice from NJ residents.
I am doing "footwork" for my youngest brother who is an airman currently in transit from North Dakota to Virginia. he will be stationed at Ft Dix so I was going to take him up to look for townships around the base he may be able to find housing in.
I was looking for areas within an hour of Ft Dix & preferable closer to the shore as he likes to fish etc. Also, he has two dogs one of which is a pitbull mix so I'm not sure if that is an issue. Currently one of the towns I was looking at for him was Lakewood.
I appreciate any advice offered & thanks in advance.

-M

JerseyDevil
08-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi folks, I realize a lot of these questions come up but I am hoping to gain some advice from NJ residents.
I am doing "footwork" for my youngest brother who is an airman currently in transit from North Dakota to Virginia. he will be stationed at Ft Dix so I was going to take him up to look for townships around the base he may be able to find housing in.
I was looking for areas within an hour of Ft Dix & preferable closer to the shore as he likes to fish etc. Also, he has two dogs one of which is a pitbull mix so I'm not sure if that is an issue. Currently one of the towns I was looking at for him was Lakewood.
I appreciate any advice offered & thanks in advance.

-M
Welcome Malleus.

Lakewood is a good town, although it had fallen on hard times. It's registered as an UEZ town, which means that the sales tax is only half (3.5%) of what it is in non-uez towns in New Jersey (7%). I am not sure about the school systems or anything like that.

Other towns you may be interested in checking out are - Toms River, Brick and maybe even Beachwood. These are areas I'm more familiar with. Toms River and brick are routinely rated as the safest towns/cities in America.

NJBarb
08-03-2009, 07:28 AM
What about the other side of NJ - towns like Riverton Riverside or Delanco? They are on the water but not the beach. As for the pit bull most towns in NJ do have leash laws. There are some dog parks but in open areas the dog will have to be leashed and under control - check with each individual town for license laws.