I live in a village called Holford
Which is in the quantock area
it is a beautiful area of the UK,
and i wondered what other people
thought of the area?
:lol:

JerseyDevil
04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Last Child of Ungoliant - welcome to AboutNewJersey.com. I hope you will stay and share somethings with us. I know you probably won't be able to communicate to much on the New Jersey forums. :)

I haven't been there - but I have been to London and Leicestershire. What type of tourism things do they have in your area?

Last Child of Ungoliant
04-22-2004, 07:07 PM
well, for one thing, Minehead (town, 15 miles from my village) has Butlins Holiday Camp, and Minehead, Watchet and Williton are towns very much geared up for the tourist market. However, if you want peace an tranquility, just walking on the hills is great, with wild sheep, deer and ponies, you need to be careful!

JerseyDevil
04-22-2004, 07:11 PM
One of the things that was cool when I was in England was having to stop the car to open up the gates so we could continue down the road. I would prefer to see the country and those things than see London and stuff, although I did see some of London too.

Stephanie Plum
04-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Sounds cool, LCoU. 8-)

MITHRANDIR
04-27-2004, 06:30 PM
well, for one thing, Minehead (town, 15 miles from my village) has Butlins Holiday Camp, and Minehead, Watchet and Williton are towns very much geared up for the tourist market. However, if you want peace an tranquility, just walking on the hills is great, with wild sheep, deer and ponies, you need to be careful!

Sounds like a place I would like to visit.

Especially during hunting season. ;) (j/k)