PDA

View Full Version : The Wrestler

NJBarb
02-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Did you all know it was filmed in New Jersey? The whole movie! It was great and Mickey Rourke should win an oscar.

JerseyDevil
02-09-2009, 11:08 PM
I moved this to the NJ section. I did know that it was filmed in New Jersey. I can't remember all the locations, I know Asbury Park was one. I haven't seen the movie, but I would like to. I guess they also had quite a few NJ wrestlers do cameos in the movie also.

NJBarb
02-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I know they filmed in Elizabeth and Rahway and in RWJ Hospital.

phoenixlipo
05-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Hello here there are some details of The Wrestler The Wrestler was originally shot on Super 16mm and then blown up to 35mm for theatrical presentation, so it has an inherently grainy, relatively low-res look, even in 1080p high definition (I assume the transfer was made from a 35mm print, rather than the original Super 16mm negative). The film’s presentation on this Blu-Ray disc is true to its intended look, with desaturated colors, strong contrast, and a rough, gritty look that Darren Aronofksy describes as “proactive documentary style.” The DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround soundtrack is quite effective, immersing you in the sounds of the wrestling matches but also creating realistic ambient environments during the film’s more quiet scenes. And, of course, the ’80s hair metal on the soundtrack has all the power you would expect. Hope you would like to read these thing.and let me know your review.