PDA

View Full Version : AboutNewJersey.com gathering

JerseyDevil
06-06-2006, 06:52 PM
I was thinking about having an AboutNewJersey.com gathering and I was wondering who might be interested. I know many on the messageboard are from out of state, many of you from WAY out of state. I just wanted to get an idea of who would be interested and who could make it. I was thinking aroun the edn of August or in September, most likely at Great Adventure. Just let me know what people think.

davegering
06-07-2006, 04:17 AM
I would be interested

MITHRANDIR
06-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I was thinking about having an AboutNewJersey.com gathering and I was wondering who might be interested. I know many on the messageboard are from out of state, many of you from WAY out of state. I just wanted to get an idea of who would be interested and who could make it. I was thinking aroun the edn of August or in September, most likely at Great Adventure. Just let me know what people think.

I have some interest, but I do not think I would be able attend since I am very busy between work and school during the summer.

usv8lover
06-08-2006, 06:43 PM

G.A. is a waste of money for people afraid of heights...There's barely anything for me to do there.
I went there once and just fried on the concrete in the heat. No fun.

Wendy

JerseyDevil
06-09-2006, 01:39 AM
G.A. is a waste of money for people afraid of heights...There's barely anything for me to do there.
I went there once and just fried on the concrete in the heat. No fun.

I knwo that GA won't work for everyone, if people have suggestions. I want somethign so people with families can have fun too. I would like to have it so AboutNewJersey.com's interns can be a part of it, but I know Stacey will be heading back to WVU in the middle of August.

GA has a lot of shows now that they didn't have before, but still they specialize in coasters and they have removed a lot of their flat rides (many which I loved, like the pendulum).

DebbieSans
06-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I'd be interested in going, depending on the date.

JerseyDevil
06-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Well - I'm still leaning toward GA. I plan on having shirts for members who attend, plus I would like to try to get the picnic pavilion so we can all have a "private" lunch together. I really would like to do this before Brian and Stacey go back to school - so that will mean sometime before August 15th. I know that's not really the end of summer, but Stacey goes back to WVU on Aug 15th or 20th. I'll be having more on this and I hope everyone will have some suggestions. I would really like to have it where everyone who wants to go is able to.

JerseyDevil
06-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I had the idea recently of maybe having a picnic at Allaire State Park, or maybe the Lakewood BlueClaws game.

So those are the three choices right now.

1) Great Adventure
2) Lakewood BlueClaws Game
3) Allaire State Park

131 Dukes St.
06-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Allire state park sounds great to me.