PDA

View Full Version : Welcome thread

JerseyDevil
04-04-2004, 04:40 PM
This is a thread where members can introduce themselves, say hi and tell others about themselves. I hope you enjoy the forum and that it will eventually be a place for people who are interested in NJ tourism to gather and discuss- not only things to do - but how to make the state better.

I have already posted a welcome thread in the Announcements forum - but I'll do it again. Welcome to AboutNewJersey.com's forum - hope you will stay.

Nurvingiel
02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first post! JDs signature at Entmoot hypnotised me and brought me here. ;) I forgot to give you the referral thing JD though, oops. I just couldn't resist after all this time - I like the new layout by the way. :)

Where should I post with n00b questions about New Jersey? (And I mean really n00b... :o I've never been there. That's my defence.)

You have loads of forums, I'm a little confused. (Do you have two welcome threads??)

JerseyDevil
02-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Where should I post with n00b questions about New Jersey? (And I mean really n00b... :o I've never been there. That's my defence.)

It depends on the subject - but if it's just about New Jersey in general - then post in the New Jersey General Discussion forum.

You have loads of forums, I'm a little confused. (Do you have two welcome threads??)
I tried to break up the forums into reasonable pieces so peopel would be able to find what they were looking for. I also have them broken down by categories - so there is the Shore and then the Arts and Entertainment, etc.

Oh - and welcome onboard. :)

Nurvingiel
02-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks JD! I just had to wander around the forums a bit, it's all good now.

BTW I love the little tiny New Jersey icons under our user names. :cool:

131 Dukes St.
06-01-2007, 07:24 AM
I am new to the forum but have lived in New Jersey for all of my 43 years.:D

JerseyDevil
06-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I am new to the forum but have lived in New Jersey for all of my 43 years.:D
131 Dukes St - I wanted to welcome you again. I forgot you had posted in the welcome thread. :) I hope you will continue to share your knowledge and travel experiences of New Jersey with the rest of the board. By the way - if you continue to post, your title will change from what it is now - "tourist" :)

Welcome!!! :wave:

veronicaflowers
10-12-2007, 07:59 PM
hi,

i thought i'd say hello to everyone. i'm new here.

veronica

hollywoodheidi
10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi! I just found this forum and it looks really cool.

Now, I gotta run off and read some posts. :)

Nurvingiel
12-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Welcome Veronicaflowers and Hollywoodheidi! JD I'm glad there's lots of new people coming to your board. :)

JerseyDevil
12-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Nurv -

Long time no see. :) How have you been??? I was wondering what you were up to. How was your Christmas??? Do you still hang out at Entmoot?

Nurvingiel
12-28-2007, 07:21 PM
JD! I had a great Christmas, how about you? And I do hang out at Entmoot still. :)

Did you get my email? I'll PM you my email in case you don't have it.

waldotck
05-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Hey all!

My name is Michael, I am born and raised in NJ - currently living in Belmar. I do writing and reviews on Atlantic City.

JerseyDevil
05-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Welcome waldotck aka Michael :wave:

I hope you will stick around and post about the many things to do and enjoy in New Jersey.

sreeja
06-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Hello all
I am new here.I am sreeja. I am from India.Nice to meet you all.This forum looks so interesting.Hope i can enjoy stay.

Badabomj
07-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi, i'm new here, How is going?:)
I'm Denis from Portugal!:)
Sorry if i posted wrong, but i didn't find topic for newbies(

-------------------
In God We Trust (http://google.com)

akkirocks
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM
hi everyone!!!
I am a student and I love meeting new people.
akkirocks
Aquarium supplies (http://www.finsandgills.com/categories)

ShoreTeaLove
11-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Brand New as of Today!

I am especially interested in the restaurant and nightlife scene in and around the Jersey Shore! I have been to many many restaurants in the area (anytime a new one opens up - I'm there! and I have been to numerous clubs/bars from here to Atlantic City) so hopefully I can offer up some great info to everyone!

Also I can't wait to get into some good discussions!

Talk to you all soon! :D

JerseyDevil
11-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Brand New as of Today!

I am especially interested in the restaurant and nightlife scene in and around the Jersey Shore! I have been to many many restaurants in the area (anytime a new one opens up - I'm there! and I have been to numerous clubs/bars from here to Atlantic City) so hopefully I can offer up some great info to everyone!

Also I can't wait to get into some good discussions!

Talk to you all soon! :D
Welcome ShoreTeaLove. I'm glad you have decided to join us and discuss the many great things to do in New Jersey. I'm not on as often as I want to be at the moment, we are working revamping the main site with a lot of new improvements. If you haven't checked out the main AboutNewJersey.com (http://www.AboutNewJersey.com) site, please do.

Jerseyboy1963
12-07-2008, 08:22 AM
I came to the site this morning while searching for "the best burgers in South Jersey". A lifelong resident of Camden County, I am a 45-year-old single man who works as a customer service representative for the federal government. I would love to join in some great discussions.

Jim

JerseyDevil
12-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I came to the site this morning while searching for "the best burgers in South Jersey". A lifelong resident of Camden County, I am a 45-year-old single man who works as a customer service representative for the federal government. I would love to join in some great discussions.

Jim
Welcome JerseyBoy. Glad to have you on board. I look forward to hearing ur insights into New Jersey and some of the great places to visit in NJ.

RebekkaWillinger
01-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Rebekka and I'm new here. I'm from Chicago, where are you guys from?

njmusic
02-26-2010, 08:23 PM
My name is Jim been a resident of jersey in one part or another all 45 years of my life pretty much currently i'm in south jersey camden county or as some like to say exit 3 :D At this moment i'm really into the local talent in NJ which is why I just started a Forum for NJ music to help out bands and venues promote there shows and also to discuss music in general
You will probably find me wandering around the entertainment forums here at about new jersey
If you wanna know any more about me just ask i'm pretty open

PS Hiya JD quick question why no signature??? Can I do it Manually???

JerseyDevil
02-27-2010, 01:51 PM
My name is Jim been a resident of jersey in one part or another all 45 years of my life pretty much currently i'm in south jersey camden county or as some like to say exit 3 :D At this moment i'm really into the local talent in NJ which is why I just started a Forum for NJ music to help out bands and venues promote there shows and also to discuss music in general
You will probably find me wandering around the entertainment forums here at about new jersey
If you wanna know any more about me just ask i'm pretty open

PS Hiya JD quick question why no signature??? Can I do it Manually???

Welcome. I can activate the signature for you. Last month, I got fed u with spammers who copy and paste information from other sites, just so they can have their links in their signatures. So basically I put it in that a person has to have so many posts and be here for a certain amount of time before the signature option gets unlocked. I will go in and activate your signature now. if you still can't do a signature - let me know.

njmusic
03-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Welcome. I can activate the signature for you. Last month, I got fed u with spammers who copy and paste information from other sites, just so they can have their links in their signatures. So basically I put it in that a person has to have so many posts and be here for a certain amount of time before the signature option gets unlocked. I will go in and activate your signature now. if you still can't do a signature - let me know.

Thank You and I know what you mean about spammers most people don't know that forums like this one are GREAT for what I like to call web ex poser I did not want you to think i was one which is why i never mentioned my music forum address I also wasn't sure if you were keen on bumping older threads so i left that alone a lot of forums that have been around for a while have started to archive there older threads anyway Thanks again hope to talk more

peggy293p
03-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Hello eeverybody at forum.aboutnewjersey.com. This site came up in my search on this subject I am researching.
So I just wanted to say hi to everyone.Great to see some real content on a site for once
instead of the normal crap I have been reading.

njmusic
04-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Hello eeverybody at forum.aboutnewjersey.com. This site came up in my search on this subject I am researching.
So I just wanted to say hi to everyone.Great to see some real content on a site for once
instead of the normal crap I have been reading.

Hi Peggy
So what are you researching that the great state of NJ came up anything specific ??? (Just Curious)