PDA

View Full Version : do's and don'ts on the beach...

cojafoji
05-27-2008, 02:33 PM
tldr

JerseyDevil
06-01-2008, 05:51 PM
I looked at the PDF file again- and it's Long Beach which allows 1 quart of alcohol. I suppose that is per person OVER 21 - although it is rather vague on the whole thing.

Some - such as Seaside Park are very vagues -

Food and beverages are permitted on the beach.
Coolers will be checked.

Last time i checked - alcohol was considered a beverage and it does not say that alcohol is prohibited. But I have no idea if THEY are considering it a beverage.

Many beaches are listed as "unknown" concerning the rules on food and beverages on the beach.

simplosys
06-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, for one thing, it is never a good idea to drink and go into the water. but other than that, it sure beats drinking in a shady bar with all that smoke swirling around. As regds your query on drinking on the beach, well you can but then again it depends on your age, the occasion and the beach itself. Also, I do not know why people keep littering the beach with all sorts of rubbish and guess what, beer cans and bottles form a large chunk of it. So i guess people drink a lot in the beaches.

MITHRANDIR
06-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I looked at the PDF file again- and it's Long Beach which allows 1 quart of alcohol. I suppose that is per person OVER 21 - although it is rather vague on the whole thing.

Some - such as Seaside Park are very vagues -

Last time i checked - alcohol was considered a beverage and it does not say that alcohol is prohibited. But I have no idea if THEY are considering it a beverage.

Many beaches are listed as "unknown" concerning the rules on food and beverages on the beach.

http://www.seasideparkonline.com/beach.html

Regarding Seaside Park Beach Rules:

Please keep off the dunes
No Animals
No Picnicking
No Alcoholic Beverages
No Disrobing
No Climbing Fence

I could not find detailed information regarding Seaside Heights.
http://www.seaside-heightsnj.org/beachinfo.html
Although:
Kites, Kayaks, Ball Playing Frisbee
and other such things are recreational activities that could inconvenience fellow beach-goers, and are prohibited when the beaches are open. However, you are invited to make use of our beaches for these purposes before 9 a.m. or after 6 p.m.

JerseyDevil
06-30-2008, 01:28 PM
http://www.seasideparkonline.com/beach.html

Regarding Seaside Park Beach Rules:

Please keep off the dunes
No Animals
No Picnicking
No Alcoholic Beverages
No Disrobing
No Climbing Fence
If you go to the southern beaches of Seaside Park (the non-lifeguarded portion) - people do bring alcohol onto the beach there. There are always beer bottles in the garbage cans. I'm not saying it's allowed or anything - I'm just saying that it does seem like people get away with it there. of course this is also the area where it is residential and the houses back right up to the beach - with no boardwalk or anything.

arunkumar
09-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Interesting post, everyone should think of this.. Remember to preserve the nature for the future.

simplosys
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I have seen couples go skinny-dipping into the water along the jersey shore on more than one occassion. I wonder, whats the law on that and what the penalty would be? Personally, I think that if people want to walk about without their clothes on, thats their problem. But when the same is being carried out under sunlight and in full public view, esp with children playing nearby, thats something else altogether. Idiots!:confused:

OliviaM
11-21-2008, 04:55 AM
I have seen couples go skinny-dipping into the water along the jersey shore on more than one occassion. I wonder, whats the law on that and what the penalty would be? Personally, I think that if people want to walk about without their clothes on, thats their problem. But when the same is being carried out under sunlight and in full public view, esp with children playing nearby, thats something else altogether. Idiots!:confused:

agree! you know when children ask.:(

simplosys
12-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah, you would think that these 'idiots' have something else to do besides tearing off their clothes. Anyway, with the winter here, there is not gonna be much 'skinny dipping' for some time to come. So I guess, we can rest easy for a few months. It is always difficult to answer your kids when they ask 'those questions'...

OliviaM
01-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Yeah, you would think that these 'idiots' have something else to do besides tearing off their clothes. Anyway, with the winter here, there is not gonna be much 'skinny dipping' for some time to come. So I guess, we can rest easy for a few months. It is always difficult to answer your kids when they ask 'those questions'...

Hello,
yeah they won't risk getting frozen..Lol

NJBarb
02-15-2009, 09:33 AM
I know that in Ocean City you cant drink at all on the beach or anywhere in public & there are no stores where you can buy booze in town. Cant even BYOB in the eateries.

JerseyDevil
02-15-2009, 10:10 AM
I know that in Ocean City you cant drink at all on the beach or anywhere in public & there are no stores where you can buy booze in town. Cant even BYOB in the eateries.
Ocean City is one of the few dry towns in New Jersey, that is why there is no alcohol at all in OC.