PDA

View Full Version : NJ State Film Festival in Cape May

NJBarb
11-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Is anyone going to this? It says it is films by NJ filmmakers or about NJ - they have a decent looking web site and they have been around a couple years - is it worth the trek to Cape May next weekend?

JerseyDevil
11-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Is anyone going to this? It says it is films by NJ filmmakers or about NJ - they have a decent looking web site and they have been around a couple years - is it worth the trek to Cape May next weekend?
Absolutely. I went there a couple of years ago - partially helping out and as a guest of some of the promoters. I don't know if you found out about this on our event guide or not, but I do highly recommend this show.

Now remember, not all the films are great - so you need to pick and choose. I would love to go back and spend the entire weekend there again.

And yes - all the films have to have a New JERSEY tie in. One thing I would recommend is seeing some of the student films. I was just thinking about some of the films and the one about the Russian mail order bride, which was filmed in Cape May was hilarious. Then there was one about a Holocaust survivor and her family living in southern New Jersey which was really touching.