PDA

View Full Version : Camden NJ on Ace of Cakes

NJBarb
10-15-2007, 05:29 AM
The Food channel show "Ace of Cakes" (a bunch of friends run a cake making business around Baltimore) featured Camden NJ in a pretty cool episode - the cakes themselves are always sort of scary looking but this one was the replica of a battleship and they brought it to Camden harbor where there was a party for Tom Clancy on the Battleship New Jersey.

JerseyDevil
12-16-2007, 08:51 AM
NJBarb - I got to see this on the repeat. I usually watch Ace of Cakes - so I was surprised I missed it the first time around. They didn't make any snide comments or anything like that. At the Philadelphia Inquirer Travel Show the Shore Region booth I was working at was next to the booth where a Battleship NJ representative was working at. She told me about the episode and how cool it was. It brought a lot of publicity to the ship. Hey - if Tom Clancey can have his birthday at the Battleship NJ in Camden - a person who can have his birthday anywhere - then there must be something special about the place.

BTW - they did a cake for Duff's wedding and the person wanted an all Maryland cake. I know that if the special cake for me would definitely be an all New Jersey cake.