PDA

View Full Version : Seaside

JerseyDevil
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
I have to say I love Seaside. It's probably not fair to the other Shore towns. :) Anyway - I was wondering if anyone has seen NJN's Seaside - a behind the scenes look at last summer. It includes interviews with business owners, tourists, life guards and more. If you haven't seen it - I highly recommend it. It's making me LONG for the summer though. :sun:

I know we have A LOT of members who aren't from NJ -and wouldn't be able to see it - so you can watch it online at NJN - Seaside Story (http://www.njn.net/television/webcast/seasidestory.html) I'm going to have to tell Maria Maruca - that I finally got to see the show. :)

Jersey Warren
05-09-2006, 10:17 AM
I have to say I love Seaside. It's probably not fair to the other Shore towns. :) Anyway - I was wondering if anyone has seen NJN's Seaside - a behind the scenes look at last summer. It includes interviews with business owners, tourists, life guards and more. If you haven't seen it - I highly recommend it. It's making me LONG for the summer though. :sun:

I know we have A LOT of members who aren't from NJ - and wouldn't be able to see it - so you can watch it online at NJN - Seaside Story (http://www.njn.net/television/webcast/seasidestory.html) I'm going to have to tell Maria Maruca - that I finally got to see the show. :)

Hi J.D.

I just watched this and I really enjoyed it. Not only did I always travel to Seaside Heights with friends from Bergen County as a teen, but after the rest of my family moved to Toms River, it became even more a "home away from home." My brother, Gary, married a Seaside Heights girl at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church in Seaside Heights. They live in Toms River and she's a teacher in the Island Heights school system.

I didn't realize you knew Maria Maruca. I'll definitely have to try their pizza when I'm there in the fall. I generally don't go down that end of the boardwalk because the road off the bridge tends to steer you further North in the middle of the boardwalk. That's why I generally stop at 3 Brothers.

I forwarded a link to the NJN site to all my brothers in New Jersey, plus my daughter in Texas.