PDA

View Full Version : WIFES 2ND SURGERY

davegering
05-04-2006, 01:07 PM
My wife just had her second Hip replacement surgery today and everything went well. I can go see her in a couple of hours. As we were waiting earlier at the hospital we looked down on the floor and their were 4 Yankee Redsox tickets for this tuesday just sitting their. I asked around nobody claimed them so finders keepers.

JerseyDevil
05-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I hope she's doing well Dave and have fun at the Yankees/Red Sox game. :) They must have left the tickets, because who really wants to see a NY team. :p

davegering
05-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Im going to see if I can trade them for DEVILS tickets. She is doing great I just got home from the hospital

Jersey Warren
05-05-2006, 11:53 AM
I hope she's doing well Dave and have fun at the Yankees/Red Sox game. :) They must have left the tickets, because who really wants to see a NY team. :p

First of all Dave, please accept my best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery.

About the Yankees: When I was growing up in Bergen County, almost everyone was a Yankees fan. Ralph Houk, the Yankee manager, lived in Saddle River, and my brother and I saw him in a grocery store once. My next door neighbor had a season box at Yankee Stadiium (less than an hour from our house) and sometimes gave us four tickets. Nevertheless, just to be obstinate, I rooted for the Chicago White Sox for years, (since they were playing the Yankees at the first game I ever attended!)

However, I always had a secret soft spot for the Yankees, since so many of them lived in Bergen County. I considered the Yankees to be the team of all the corporate executives living in Bergen County, and the Mets to be the team of New York outer-borough "Archie Bunkers."

When I moved to the Boston area in 1972, I discovered that Red Sox fans HATED the Yankees! So what did I do? I immediately became a Yankees fan!

If New Jersey had a major league team, I would, of course, support them instead of the Yankees. But so far, there is none. I root for the Devils and Nets, but to be honest, I never followed NBA basketball or NHL hockey that much.

I became a Giants football fan when they moved from Yankee Stadium to Giants Stadium, because they were the first major league/pro team to play in New Jersey. Naturally, I always hoped that they would drop the New York from their name. (I even referred to them, privately, as "the Jersey Giants"). I never had any interest in the Jets, since, during their years at Shea Stadium, I considered them to be football's equivilent of the Mets a New York outer-borough team. (As you can see, I have a "half a loaf is better than none" philosophy about sports teams.)

When I met my wife, Martha, she was a Red Sox fan, having grown up in Lynn, Massachusetts. So I tell people we have a "mixed marriage"!

Marianita
06-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi Dave, I hope your wife feels better soon. Give her my best. My prayers are with her for a speedy recovery. Marianita