PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Devils Win Atlantic Division

A-Line
04-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Congratulations to the New Jersey Devils for overtaking the Rangers & Flyers and winning the Atlantic Division Championship on the last day of the regular season! Another banner goes up at the Continental Airlines Arena!

Now it's on to a first-round playoff series against the Rangers -- the Devils' arch rivals from across the Hudson River -- a team the Devs have never beaten in a playoff series.

Go Devils.

MITHRANDIR
04-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Congratulations to the New Jersey Devils for overtaking the Rangers & Flyers and winning the Atlantic Division Championship on the last day of the regular season! Another banner goes up at the Continental Airlines Arena!

Now it's on to a first-round playoff series against the Rangers -- the Devils' arch rivals from across the Hudson River -- a team the Devs have never beaten in a playoff series.

Go Devils.

Go New Jersey Go !!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(A lame collapse by the Rangers and to a lesser exent the Flyers that gave NJ the opportunity to claim the division title.)

Now NJ has to take care of business and win 4 games from the NYR.

(Unlike some teams, at least the Rangers know where they are from. ;))

NJPRIDE
04-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Our Jersey team WILL take care of business . This was the greatest comeback in nhl history since division play began . The Devils continue to make marks in the nhl record books and I am proud to say I have been a Devil fan since 1982 . I graduated from high school in 1982 and always considered them my graduation gift from the late Dr. John McMullen . We should also be happy about the Nets winning their division too . The state will get at least 2 banners to hang at the Meadowlands later this year , thanks to our teams . Remember the Meadowlands Arena nickname is THE ARENA OF CHAMPIONS .:D

A-Line
04-19-2006, 11:58 PM
I am proud to say I have been a Devil fan since 1982 . I graduated from high school in 1982 and always considered them my graduation gift from the late Dr. John McMullen . We should also be happy about the Nets winning their division too . The state will get at least 2 banners to hang at the Meadowlands later this year , thanks to our teams . Remember the Meadowlands Arena nickname is THE ARENA OF CHAMPIONS .:D

That's awesome. I have been a fan since they came here in 1982 also! As a matter of fact, I was at the Devils franchise's first-ever win -- which just happened to be against the Rangers! I still have the game program and my ticket stub.

And I am happy about the Nets winning their division too.

Good times!

davegering
04-20-2006, 07:03 AM
Lets go DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JerseyDevil
04-20-2006, 08:30 AM
It's good to be among felllow Devil fans. :) My cousin, the traitor, supports the Rangers. I've tried and tried to work on him, but he seems insistant on the Rangers. The Devils have to win now, because I have a dinner bet with him. Anyway - it's a matter of NJ pride.

Let's go Devils, let's go!!!! Let's go!!! --- Let's go Devils, let's go!!!! Let's go!!!

PS - and for those wondering, no my screenname does not come from the hockey team - it comes from the same thing that the NJ Devils got their name from, the legend of the New Jersey Devil. :)

JerseyDevil
04-20-2006, 09:44 AM
The Devils became the first NHL team to come back from 19 points behind in the standings to win their division since the league went from the Eastern and Western Conferences to separate divisions in 1974-75. The Detroit Red Wings came from 18 points back to win their division in 1993-94.

And my cousin thinks the Devils don't have a chance at beating the Rangers. :):evil:

davegering
04-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Getting on my DEVILS Jersey and Hat and getting ready to go down to my local Bar to watch the DEVILS whip the Rangers

NJPRIDE
04-22-2006, 05:04 PM
And I hope you enjoyed the whiping as I did !:D

NJPRIDE
04-24-2006, 09:05 PM
GOTTA LOVE IT ! JERSEYS TEAM UP 2-ZIP IN SERIES .:D

NJPRIDE
04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
One more win and the Devils move on . My grin is wrapped around my head like a canadian on South Park .:D

JerseyDevil
04-26-2006, 08:47 PM
One more win and the Devils move on . My grin is wrapped around my head like a canadian on South Park .:D
I Missed the game!!! :mad: I guess my cousin Steve is going to owe me that lobster dinner big time. :) Some miracle MAy still happen for the Rangers, but have they ever had a miracle? I know the Devils have, but then again - they're a New JERSEY team. :lmao:

JerseyDevil
04-29-2006, 06:22 PM
Let's just say that the New JERSEY Devils swept the floor with the Rangers. :lmao:

NJPRIDE
04-29-2006, 09:53 PM
O.K. we can say that .We can also say The Devils move on to round 2 in the playoffs and the rangers move onto round 1 on the links . :lmao:

davegering
04-30-2006, 06:28 AM
it will be either the Flyers or the Sabres as our next victims.

A-Line
05-03-2006, 11:59 PM
(2) Carolina (52-22-8, 112 pts) vs.
(3) New Jersey (46-27-9, 101 pts)

Game 1: Saturday, May 6, 2:00 p.m. ET at Carolina NBC, TSN
Game 2: Monday, May 8, 7:30 p.m. ET at Carolina OLN, TSN
Game 3: Wednesday, May 10, 7:00 p.m. ET at New Jersey OLN, TSN
Game 4: Saturday, May 13, 3:00 p.m. ET at New Jersey NBC, TSN
Game 5: Sunday, May 14, 7:00 p.m. ET at Carolina OLN, TSN (if necessary)
Game 6: Tuesday, May 16, 7:00 p.m. ET at New Jersey OLN, TSN (if necessary)
Game 7: Thursday, May 18, 7:30 p.m. ET at Carolina OLN, TSN (if necessary)
Season series tied, 2-2

Go Devils!

A-Line
05-09-2006, 01:19 AM
OK, the Hurricanes did what they had to do in their building for Games 1 & 2, winning by scores of 6-0 and 3-2. But now the Devils come back home for Games 3 & 4. Once the game starts on Wednesday, it will have been a whopping 16 days since the Devils last played in front of their home fans. New Jersey will be ready. The Continental Airlines Arena will be rockin.'

Go Devils.

JerseyDevil
05-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Well I dont' want to jinx the Devils but in game four they are really whipping the Hurricanes. 0 - 3 in the first period.

JerseyDevil
05-13-2006, 09:24 PM
My cousin Steve wanted me to tell everyone that he was at the devils game cheering them on. I asked him how doed it feel to cheer on a winning team, instead of the losing Rangers. :) He said it felt great. He said the arena was packed and the enegy there was incredible.

A-Line
05-14-2006, 01:59 AM
I was at Game 3 on Wednesday, and, while it was close, it turned out to be a frustrating loss.

But Game 4 was great! Finally, the real Devils showed up. And it sounded like the arena was rocking.

Now, can the Devils do it again tonight (Game 5) in Carolina?

Go Devils!

MITHRANDIR
05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Now, can the Devils do it again tonight (Game 5) in Carolina?

Go Devils!

We shall see. I'll take a repeat of Game four. :D:D :D :p

Go New Jersey!

JerseyDevil
05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
The devils lost!!! :mad: but there is still next year!!!

A-Line
05-15-2006, 09:24 PM
OK, so the 2005-06 season is over now for the New Jersey Devils. But it was still a good year. After starting the season slowly, struggling with the rules changes, adjusting to the departure of longtime team leaders Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer, missing star forward Patrik Elias for the first half of the season, dealing with Head Coach Larry Robinson's decision to step down due to health problems, and contending with the regular-season-long success of the rival New York Rangers -- the Devils still managed to put together what ultimately would become a 15-game winning streak, win the division, and sweep those same Rangers in the first round of the playoffs. And, on top of all that, the Newark Arena is coming along nicely. The team website provides us with a daily visual update on the progress that is being made, courtesy of video cameras.

These are still good times for New Jersey fans.

Go Devils.