PDA

View Full Version : 20% of NJ Books from AboutNewJersey.com!

JerseyDevil
07-30-2007, 06:31 PM
AboutNewJersey.com just opened it's new book store in partnership with Rutgers University Press! You can now order NJ related books at a 20% discount direct from AboutNewJersey.com.

Go to New Jersey Online Book Store (http://www.AboutNewJersey.com/Store/RUPress/index.php) for our current selection. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Some of the books are Travel & Tourism related, general NJ reference such as the Encyclopedia of New Jersey, New Jersey related cook books and more. Check out the online store and tell us what you think.

NJBarb
02-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Going thru some old threads - I love books and read a few every week so this interested me. BUT - no fiction writers? I love fiction set in NJ, even if the town is made up - and like to support our NJ authors. What about...
Mary (and Carol) Higgins Clark
Paula Marantz Cohen (if you are a Jane Austen fan - check her out)
Harlan Coben
Paul d'Ambrosio
Janet Evanovich
Chris Grabenstein
Jane Kelly
Patricia MacDonald (if you like Sandra Brown or Nancy Taylor Rosenberg, try her)
David Rosenfelt
Jane Rubino (if you like Janet Evanovich - try her)
Beth Sherman
Wendi Corsi Staub
Mariah Stewart
Valerie Wilson Wesley
Dave White

JerseyDevil
02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
The reason those authors aren't listed, is because Rutgers University Press came to us and asked to partner and sell their NJ related books on AboutNewJersey.com. All those books are Rutgers University Press books. It would be very difficult for us to do the fulfillment if we were selling books from all different sources and we don't have the resources to stock books.

A-Line
04-17-2009, 06:13 PM
AboutNewJersey.com just opened it's new book store in partnership with Rutgers University Press! You can now order NJ related books at a 20% discount direct from AboutNewJersey.com.

Go to New Jersey Online Book Store (http://www.AboutNewJersey.com/Store/RUPress/index.php) for our current selection. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Some of the books are Travel & Tourism related, general NJ reference such as the Encyclopedia of New Jersey, New Jersey related cook books and more. Check out the online store and tell us what you think.
If you were to buy just one of those books to start off your collection, which one would it be?

JerseyDevil
04-18-2009, 01:27 PM
If you were to buy just one of those books to start off your collection, which one would it be?
Well if you don't have it - the NJ Encyclopedia is a must for every TRUE New Jerseyan. Unlike Wikepedia - the information in there is compiled by experts on the state and in their particular field.

A-Line
05-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Well if you don't have it - the NJ Encyclopedia is a must for every TRUE New Jerseyan. Unlike Wikepedia - the information in there is compiled by experts on the state and in their particular field.
I just read the editorial description of that book. It sounds great!

Thanks for the recommendation.

JerseyDevil
05-04-2009, 09:30 PM
I just read the editorial description of that book. It sounds great!

Thanks for the recommendation.
You're very welcome. It is an excellent book. I should ask Marc Mappen if they will be doing a revised edition. I think he had told me they were looking at doing a new one every 10 years or so to make sure the information is accurate and to keep adding to it.