PDA

View Full Version : Best place for recent college grads to live in NJ?

jj968c
03-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Hello All-

I would like your opinions of the best place for recent college grads to live in NJ. What place has good night life, good people, and good value? A lot of people answer with Hoboken, but that area is so expensive, close to $500sf to buy. Any other opinions? Thanks.

davegering
03-04-2006, 08:09 PM
My Nephew lives in Hoboken and he loves it. He graduated from school last year and is working in NY for a Advertising Agency ( He is on the Heineken account and picks on me for drinking Coors Light)

JerseyDevil
03-04-2006, 08:38 PM
I think one of the situations is that NJ cities are just beginning to get back on their feet, the "nightlife" attractions haven't necessarily come in yet - at least in huge numbers. I would suggest possibly looking at New Brunswick or the areas around there. It's a college town and is has a lot of good pubs, taverns and restaurants. In addition if you want a change of pace, there is the train station right thereso you can easily get to NY. New Brunswick is also closer to the shore - which has good nightlife during the summer.

NJPRIDE
03-04-2006, 09:30 PM
You may also want to look into the Morristown area . Some good bars , restaurants , and alot of history to boot . NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE ! :D

jj968c
03-05-2006, 02:28 PM
thanks for the messages! I am going to look into Morristown...any particular area you think is good?