PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) going to Princeton University.

JerseyDevil
04-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Daniel Radcliffe aka Harry Potter, will be attending Princeton University next semester as part of the class of 2011. I'm somewhat surprised. I figured if he was going to choose a top-notch university he would have went to Oxford or Cambridge. Surprised he picked the better choose instead of staying close to home. :p

I suppose Princeton will one again be hounded by paparazi like they were when Brook Shields went there. I wonder, will we be seeing "Harry Potter" riding Kingda Ka at Great Adventure and going to Fright Fest? :D

New Jersey will once again be in the news with this. I wonder though - will they describe PRINCETON as a suburb of New York like they do Piscataway when talking about Rutgers?

Anyway, I hope that Daniel will explore New Jersey.

JerseyDevil
04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
It seems like this may be part of the Princetonian's (http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/archives/2007/01/17/) January 17, 2007 Joke issue - however I got this news out of New Jersey Monthly (http://www.njmonthly.com).

Daniel Radcliffe, the 17-year-old British actor who gained worldwide fame for his wide-eyed portrayal of boy-wizard Harry Potter, will join the University next year as the most renowned member of the Class of 2011.

Rumors have swirled for month that Radcliffe, who will graduate this June from the City of London School, was considering Princeton. He applied Early Decision and was accepted last month, several sources familiar with the actor’s plans said.

Radcliffe himself was unavailable for comment. In a statement issued by his agent, the young actor said, "I am delighted to have been accepted and I look forward to continuing my studies at Princeton."

The statement indicated that he plans to study English and is particularly interested in auditioning for the Triangle Club.

University spokeswoman Cass Cliatt ‘96 declined to elaborate on any of the details available, citing confidentiality, but said the "University always tries to enroll a diverse class of students."

Harvards - The Crimson (http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=516680) - says that it's a joke, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Can anyone elaborate on this - what is the deal - is Daniel Radcliffe going to go to Princeton as New Jersey Monthly claims or is it a joke as others have said on the net?

I would be surprised if New Jersey Monthly published this before checking it out with Princeton Admissions.

I've tried to search the internet for some confirmation of this, but it seems like it may have just been a joke.

Byrne10
08-31-2007, 09:08 PM
The Princetonian Article was a joke. Each year, The Daily Princetonian does a joke issue in January as the paper passes from the management of the seniors to the juniors. As for Radcliffe, rumors had been circulating on campus for months beforehand, which is why the article was written. No one actually seems to know if he's attending, but I don't think that he is.

JerseyDevil
08-31-2007, 11:05 PM
The Princetonian Article was a joke. Each year, The Daily Princetonian does a joke issue in January as the paper passes from the management of the seniors to the juniors. As for Radcliffe, rumors had been circulating on campus for months beforehand, which is why the article was written. No one actually seems to know if he's attending, but I don't think that he is.
Welcome Bryne10. After I posted the first time - I was doing research and it did seem like it was truly a joke. There were so much speculation on the web though about it - it was hard to know if it was really a joke or if they just threw that into the joke issue to throw people off. I'm surprised that New Jersey Monthly published it without double checking the facts.

It wouldn't be all that unusual for an actor to go to Princeton - Jimmy Stewart, Brook Shields and Dean Cain are all Princeton Alumni. I do think that with how much Daniel Radcliffe is in the news though, it would be pretty hard to keep secret if he was going to Princeton. As far as I know he's never even stepped foot on the campus to look at it. Of course Princeton does have a really good theater program.

I think in all honesty - it would be cool if he went to Princeton, but I think it would be annoying after a while. Princeton is a pretty quiet place in most respects - I can't see the place crawling with paparazzi.

JerseyDevil
09-10-2007, 12:20 AM
In "Unscritped" which can be viewed on YouTube Emma Watson mentions to Daniel Radcliffe how he's apparently going to Princeton. His responses was "Well, I'm flattered that you'd think I'd get in, but no"

You can watch it at - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3RyvtKphVw It's alittle less than half way through the video.

SaLelf
08-31-2009, 05:56 AM
The one you posted is very cute. I am not sure that harry potter movies tie into sorority life very well, but it is cute.