PDA

View Full Version : unlawful noise in Barnegat

dg7
09-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Anyone aware of the details of a violation of unlawful noise ordinance in Seaside Park (48-3b - think this is a local ordinance)? How does an officer determine a violation? Has anyone been given a summons by an officer for such a violation? I haven't found anything about it online. Should drivers avoid this town all together if they have their car radios playing at modest levels? Is their a campaign going on here against playing a car stereo? Please note your experiences thank you.

JerseyDevil
09-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Anyone aware of the details of a violation of unlawful noise ordinance in Seaside Park (48-3b - think this is a local ordinance)? How does an officer determine a violation? Has anyone been given a summons by an officer for such a violation? I haven't found anything about it online. Should drivers avoid this town all together if they have their car radios playing at modest levels? Is their a campaign going on here against playing a car stereo? Please note your experiences thank you.
dg7 - I was wondering if you had any bad experiecnces or what you've heard. I'm not familiar with the noise ordinances down in Barnegat. But then again - I'm not even up on the noise ordinances in Plainsboro. All I know is DO NOT drive through Plainsboro at night - see my threat about Plainsboro cops for more info.

JerseyDevil
09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Hey - sorry - even though I had read your post, I was thinking you were talking about Barnegat NJ, not Seaside Park. I'm still not familiar with seaside Park, but I know that Seaside Heights has quite a lot of news, but that doesn't really mean much.

MITHRANDIR
09-17-2005, 11:43 PM
You may want to call the police dept. and ask about the regulations/ordinance on noise.

Seaside Park Police Department
6th and Central Avenues
Seaside Park, New Jersey 08752
Non-emergency: 732 793 8000
Emergency call: 911
http://www.seasideparknj.org/

I am sure that there is some type or ordinance on the books.

Below is a link to point pleasent.
http://www.codedsystems.com/pdf/!ptpleas.pdf

This may help give you an idea of what may be considered noise violation by law enforcement.

simplosys
12-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Hey, I am not that great a fan of loud music though I have attended my share of concerts and continue to do so. But every now and then, you end up with a neighbor who does not seem to know the meaning of the word - restraint. Anyway, how do you make out that the noise is really loud enough for you to make a complaint to the police? Is there any particular decibel limit? This is very confusing, for if there is indeed a decibel limit that the noise has to cross before we can file a complaint, does that mean that we have to purchase decibel meters to gauge if the neighbor is making 'too much noise or not'?