PDA

View Full Version : Fine for saying Joisey

JerseyDevil
08-23-2005, 02:13 AM
I am just watching weird US and they are having about this guy who declared himself Emperor of the US. One of the things he proposed enacting was a $25 fine for anyone who uttered "Frisco" which supposedly the people of San Francisco hate their city to be called. So I thought - hey we should make it illegal to say "joisey" and issue fines; we can call it the New Yorker Tax. :p

MITHRANDIR
09-13-2005, 01:42 PM
I am just watching weird US and they are having about this guy who declared himself Emperor of the US. One of the things he proposed enacting was a $25 fine for anyone who uttered "Frisco" which supposedly the people of San Francisco hate their city to be called. So I thought - hey we should make it illegal to say "joisey" and issue fines; we can call it the New Yorker Tax. :p

I think a fine of about $115 per offense would be reasonable.
(This is the price of a parking ticket in Manhattan.)

JerseyDevil
09-13-2005, 03:03 PM
I think a fine of about $115 per offense would be reasonable.
(This is the price of a parking ticket in Manhattan.)
Do you know that from personal experience? :p I never drive in Manhattan so I wouldn't know at all. I take the train.

MITHRANDIR
09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Do you know that from personal experience? :p I never drive in Manhattan so I wouldn't know at all. I take the train.

Unfortunately, I do. NYC traffic rules can be confusing at times to outsiders.
A parking ticket in Astoria Queens is $35 on Steinway Blvd. That is from someone else's experience. :p

In general, it is easier with the train if you are going into Manhattan. It is more economical now with the rise in fuel costs.