PDA

View Full Version : Communities in New Jersey

Lymigo
08-18-2005, 09:03 AM
Hi all...this is my first post.

I currently live in Berkeley Heights, NJ and I am looking to move south a bit. I am from Baltimore, so I would rather live closer to my home town, but my husband still wants to be able to commute to Jersey City. I have heard that things are a little more laid back in south Jersey, which I would like, and a little cheaper. Currently we are looking in the East Brunswick/East Windsor area for houses with at least 4 bedrooms and a basement. Does anyone have any recommendations for nice communities to raise children that have good schools?

Thanks

JerseyDevil
08-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Welcome aboard. :wave:

I live in Plainsboro, which seems to be the area you are looking at. The Plainsboro West Windsor High Schools (http://www.west-windsor-plainsboro.k12.nj.us/) are two of the best schools in NJ according to NJ Monthly.

Some other towns you might want to look at is South Brunswick. There is also around Trenton - such as Hamilton and Lawrenceville, as well as Hightstown. I assume you would want to stay rather close to the Turnpike so it's a bit easy to get up to Jersey City. East of the Turnpike is Jackson, off of 195 by Great Adventure. It seems as if you are looking more at Central NJ, rather than south Jersey, so I've basically kept it around Trenton.

Hope this helps a bit.